ramana

Default How to get the values using a condition refering to the other column

Hi EveryBody,

In column C I have numbers 1,3,6,9,12,15,18,21 In column A In
have numbers 1 to 21 and in column C I have values corresponding to
column B(i.e. correspondig to 1 to 21 numbers).
Now in column D I need to get the values corresponding to column A from
the column B(i.e D1=B1,D2=B4 as value coeesponding to number three is
in B4... So on)

Ex:

columnA ColumnB ColumnC ColumnD
1 8.21 1 8.21
2 10.46 3 11.21
3 11.21 6 4.98
4 5.67 9 6.44
5 2.34 12 1.89
6 4.98 15 .
7 6.41 18 .
8 5.66 21 .
9 6.44
10 5.23
11 2.44
12 1.89
..
..
21
Any suggestion please.

Regards

Ramana

bpeltzer

Default How to get the values using a condition refering to the other colu

Use the vlookup function in column D. Ex, in D1, =vlookup(c1,a:b,2,false).
Autofill that formula through column D.

"ramana" wrote:

[...]

Maco

Hi,

try in column D function =LOOKUP(C1;A20:A1;B1:B20),
if you write to to column C1 number 1 in column D1 display value 8.21.
Then you can copy this formula to another cell.
Note 1 : you have must sort values by A, it means 1,2,3,...(help excel
function LOOKUP)
Note 2 : #N/A problems =IF(ISNA(LOOKUP(C1;A20:A1;B1:B20));"
";LOOKUP(C1;A20:A1;B1:B20)).
Maybe this would help you.
Maco.