Mrebisz3154

Default Spinner box in Excel to adjust date

I am trying to get a spinner box in excel to change a date, starting in the
year 2006 and increasing by seven days for the next year. Whenever I set it
to do this, it reverts my 2006 date back to 1982 and won't increase, just
decrease. Help . . .

Max

Assuming you mean the spinner from the forms toolbar,
try tinkering something these lines ..

Draw a spinner on the sheet, right-click format control
Set the cell link to: B1, click OK
Enter a start date into C1: 01-Jan-2006
Put in A1: =C1+B1*7

Now when we click the spinner,
the date in A1 will advance by 7 days per click

And if we want it to increment by 1 day per click,
just adjust the formula in A1 to: =C1+B1
--
Rgds
Max
"Mrebisz3154" wrote in message
I am trying to get a spinner box in excel to change a date, starting in

the
year 2006 and increasing by seven days for the next year. Whenever I set

it
to do this, it reverts my 2006 date back to 1982 and won't increase, just
decrease. Help . . .

Max

Glad to hear that !
Thanks for the feedback ..