Matt B.

Default Sorting a list with subtotals

I am using Excel 2000. I have a list that I have sorted once and inserted
subtotals. I now want to sort this list again by a different column keeping
the subtotals as they are. Has anyone tried this before, or does anyone have
an idea how this can be done.
Frank Kabel

Hi
how have you inserted your subtotals?. Manually?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Matt B." <Matt B. @discussions.microsoft.com schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I am using Excel 2000. I have a list that I have sorted once and

inserted
subtotals. I now want to sort this list again by a different column

keeping
the subtotals as they are. Has anyone tried this before, or does

anyone have
an idea how this can be done.

Matt B.

No, I've inserted subtotals from the Data heading. I should probably explain
my situation better. I have a list of customers sorted by social security
number and grouped together if they appear more than once. I have subtotals
under these groupings of the dollar amount of their loans. I now want to
resort the list by the subtotaled dollar amount so as to get a list of
customers with the largest amount borrowed, but keep the list sorted by
social security number as well. I hope this explains my situation better.

Thanks,

Matt B.
Ohio, USA