jhorsley

Default Sumif() help

Hey all,

I've got a list of cost codes the amount charged and the person who
charged them. The cost code can change. I'm wanting to sum the amount
that each person charged for each cost code.

I've attached a sample file. I was trying to use a sumif but that has
me looking at two variables in a single variable function.

Thanks for the help.

|Filename: Book 3.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3955 |

jhorsley
jhorsley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26040
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=479868

Paul Sheppard

jhorsley Wrote:
Hey all,

I've got a list of cost codes the amount charged and the person who
charged them. The cost code can change. I'm wanting to sum the amount
that each person charged for each cost code.

I've attached a sample file. I was trying to use a sumif but that has
me looking at two variables in a single variable function.

Thanks for the help.

Hi again jhorsley

Looking at your data in book 3, the best way to get the result you want
would be with a pivot table, but to do this you would need to add
headers to each column, column A = Code, B = Cost & C = Person

or

=SUM(IF($A$2:$A$26=43218,IF($C$2:$C$26="Don D
Donaldson",$B$2:$B$26,0),0)) enterred as an array (CTRL/SHIFT/ENTER)

--
Paul Sheppard

Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24783
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=479868