STILLA

Default Sum values Col.A w/ indntcal values in Col.B, w/o naming Col.B val

Situation: A worksheet whe
-there are many duplicate ID numbers in Column A
-there are unique values in Column B

What I'd like to do:
Obtain a sum of Column B values for each distinct ID number, so that I'd get
the following results: 1111=$5.6, 2222=$4.5, 3333-$4.3, from the data below:
Col A Col B
1111 $5.0
1111 $0.6
2222 $3.5
2222 $1.0
3333 $4.3

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. I've been searching the help
files, but I don't think I'm using the right lingo!

Biff

Hi!

If you can create a column that lists the unique values from column A (you
can do this easily using an Advanced filter) to, say, column D, starting in
D1:

D1 = 1111
D2 = 2222
D3 = 3333

Then enter this formula in E1 and copy down as needed:

=SUMIF(A$1:A$10,D1,B$1:B$10)

Biff

"STILLA" wrote in message
Situation: A worksheet whe
-there are many duplicate ID numbers in Column A
-there are unique values in Column B

What I'd like to do:
Obtain a sum of Column B values for each distinct ID number, so that I'd
get
the following results: 1111=$5.6, 2222=$4.5, 3333-$4.3, from the data
below:
Col A Col B
1111 $5.0
1111 $0.6
2222 $3.5
2222 $1.0
3333 $4.3

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. I've been searching the help
files, but I don't think I'm using the right lingo!

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

A classical Pivot-Table task.

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvil<attarkon.ee )

"STILLA" wrote in message
Situation: A worksheet whe
-there are many duplicate ID numbers in Column A
-there are unique values in Column B

What I'd like to do:
Obtain a sum of Column B values for each distinct ID number, so that I'd
get
the following results: 1111=$5.6, 2222=$4.5, 3333-$4.3, from the data
below:
Col A Col B
1111 $5.0
1111 $0.6
2222 $3.5
2222 $1.0
3333 $4.3

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. I've been searching the help
files, but I don't think I'm using the right lingo!

STILLA

Default Sum values Col.A w/ indntcal values in Col.B, w/o naming Col.B

Biff! Many, many thanks! I'm going to try this. Although I've since found I
can get results via pivot tables, I may prefer to have the results straight
on my worksheet.
Thanks again for the speedly reply!
Stilla