jgregor

Default moving cells

Hi guys I have a question or should I say i have a big fu*** problem.
Sory about that word :) ok one of my employee is getting every week a
excel document looking like the picture you can see it. Now here is the
problem. Each document has always at leas 1000 rows, so don't even think
abaut moving cells manually :)

Now is it possible to move every second row (however it's not alwasy
the second row :( ) to a row above in the firs empty cell. So is is
possible to move cells in range A2:E2 in the row above that meen in
first row in the firs empty cell in this case would be this range
B1:F1... and so on for the next 1000 rows every week... :(

|Filename: New Picture (1).jpg |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3950 |

jgregor
jgregor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28361
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=479421

swatsp0p

Would it be easier to move the contents of ONE cell down? Insert a
blank column A, and in A2, enter this formula:

=IF(C1="",B1,"")

This looks at the cell next to the old A1 (in your example
"Colors..."). If it is blank, it puts the value from B1 into A2,
otherwise it leaves the cell blank. Copy this formula down as far as
needed.

Now, with the cell pointer in A2, click DataFilterAutoFilter

click the arrow in A1 and choose NonBlanks.

Now all your data are in single rows.

Does this work for you?

--
swatsp0p