calmo

Default Multiple Criteria using countif

I'm trying to count the number of records in one worksheet and return the
results in a different workbook. The data is held in two different columns.
I nned to search for all cells where the value is "m" or "c" in D1:D60,
whilst column A1:A60 should contain "*Work*".
Sorry if I'm not explaining myself properly, I'm new to this! Any help
greatly appreciated.

RagDyeR

I'm assuming that the asterisks around "*Work*" indicate that there may be
characters before and/or after the string in the cell.

Start by entering this in the sheet containing the data:

=SUMPRODUCT((ISNUMBER(SEARCH("work",A1:A60)))*(D1: D60={"m","c"}))

Now, open the *other* WB, and copy this formula to it, which will allow XL
to create the proper path for you.

--

HTH,

RD

"calmo" wrote in message
I'm trying to count the number of records in one worksheet and return the
results in a different workbook. The data is held in two different columns.
I nned to search for all cells where the value is "m" or "c" in D1:D60,
whilst column A1:A60 should contain "*Work*".
Sorry if I'm not explaining myself properly, I'm new to this! Any help
greatly appreciated.

Jim

RagDyeR, will you give mine a shot?

I am trying to figure out a countif formula. Here is the explanation:

Worksheet one (my data dump page): In column A I have store names listed.
In column B I have the amount of each sale for that store.

Worksheet two: In column A I have the store names listed. In column B I
would like to have a count of $0.00 sales made for each store. The data on
the first sheet shows $0.00 sales as 0.

Thanks for the help.