Pam Coleman

Default vlookup

Can you have a vlookup if my database information is in column h and i. Does
it have to be in col a? On my inj worksheet in column c is emp numbers and
col d is blank, I want to match the emp# in col c (inj ws) to the emp
worksheet in col h, get the emp name in col I and bring it back to col d on
my inj ws.
My formula is: (On the injury ws) in cell d2:
=vlookup(c2,'empdatabase'h2:i1709,2)
(after c2, I click on the emp ws and excel puts this in.)
I keep getting a #n/a error, I sorted only col A on the emp ws. which is a
date. Please help
Frank Kabel

Hi
try:
=vlookup(c2,'empdatabase'!$h$2:$i$1709,2,0)