bob

Default Values in a Table

I have 5 text strings in 5 cells, A2 through A6, in Sheet1. I want to select
one of them and place it in A7 based on values I have assigned in Sheet2.

Sheet 1:
A2 = Arenas
A3 = Haywood
A4 = Hughes
A5 = Jamison
A6 = Jeffries

Sheet 2:
Arenas = A
Haywood = "-"
Hughes = B
Jamison = H
Jeffries = I

In Sheet2, the name that corresponds to the lowest letter (Arenas, A) is to
be placed in A7 in Sheet1. The "-" value is considered to be higher than H.
in other words it follows Z in the alphabet.

Thanks in advance,
Bob

bob

I need to know how to create a formula that will reference the values in
Sheet2 and display the lowest corresponding value in ascending order in
Sheet1.

I know what the Sort function does, but do not know how to implement it in
this instance.

Thanks.