Ellen

Default compare info in 4 worksheets and highlight fields that are the sam

I have someone who has 4 Excel spreadsheets with info in different columns.
Is there a way to have Excel compare all columns he chooses and highlight or
somehow indicate the fields that are the same in multiple
columns/worksheets?

Vacation's Over

you asked in the function posting sooooo avoiding vba code:

FOR 2 list compare====

I would use 3 columns
top of col 1 first list
copy & paste in col 2
add list 2 to bottom of col 1 and copy and paste over to same rows in col 3

now
block used areas of col 1,2,3 and
DATAAdvanced Filter on col 1 with unique values checked
col 1 is unique alph sorted listing and if in list 1 it will be repeated in
col 2
if in list 2 will be repeated in col 3

depending on how often you are going to do this you could automate but this
is the easiest process without VBA

"Ellen" wrote:

I have someone who has 4 Excel spreadsheets with info in different columns.
Is there a way to have Excel compare all columns he chooses and highlight or
somehow indicate the fields that are the same in multiple
columns/worksheets?

Ellen

Default compare info in 4 worksheets and highlight fields that are the

Thanks for the response. I've sent it onto the person who asked about this
and also let him know that vba is a possibility. Unfortunately we don't have
anyone in IT who knows and supports VBA. The app dev staff do their
programming in .net and don't want to support VBA. Would this be hard to do
in VBA?

"Ellen" wrote:

I have someone who has 4 Excel spreadsheets with info in different columns.
Is there a way to have Excel compare all columns he chooses and highlight or
somehow indicate the fields that are the same in multiple
columns/worksheets?

Vacation's Over

If you do not have anyone with VBA knowledge then I suggest you proceed with
the methood I posted using find

time spent manually setting this up is a lot less than requirements to learn
VBA.