jan

Default cell reference

Result of a formula is in a format of cell reference (ex: c5) which i want to
use in another formula. But the formula where I am using the cell reference
is not treating the same as a cell reference. can anybody help me ?
Joe Mac

Play around with this...

Place a cell reference in cell A1 - using your example place the text string
c5 in cell A1... Now place a value in cell c5 - say you put the number 100
in c5

Now use the following formula in any other cell to pull the value of cell c5
based upon the reference in cell A1...

=VALUE(INDIRECT(A1,TRUE))

--
Thanks for your help -
Joe Mac

"jan" wrote:

Result of a formula is in a format of cell reference (ex: c5) which i want to
use in another formula. But the formula where I am using the cell reference
is not treating the same as a cell reference. can anybody help me ?

Anne Troy

You need INDIRECT, Jan.
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/...ft_excel.h tm
Anne Troy