Julie

Default How do I set up vlookup formula.

I am a student trying to set up a vlookup formula for an assignment: grading
criteria. One workbook w/4 sheets. One sheet w/look up values and 3 sheets
for misc students w/three exams each. One formula to average the overall
grade in each cell per student
SHEET 2 GRADING CRITERIA
A1 B1
EXAM AV
0-40 F
41-50 D A1 B2

etc each student has student exam1 exam2 exam3 E2 overall
letter grd
ssn 75 80 92
=average(Cells A:B)

Grd formula: VLOOKUP(E2,"GRADINGCRITERIA,A$2$:B$6$,2,TRUE) I get #REF
error message. Any suggestions please.