DestinySky

Default Is this cell protection?

I am working on a spreadsheet that has a ' at the beginning of each cell
containing a number. BUT you can only see the ' in the formula bar, not in
the cell itself. What is this and how can I remove it??!!??!!?

bpeltzer

That apostrophe causing the number to be treated as a text string. If you
need to convert them all to numbers, I usually just put the number 0 in some
random cell, copy it, then select the offending cells and Edit Paste
Special, select Values and Add, then click OK
--Bruce