Neil

Default If statements...

I have an list of employees with various dates of joining, payrises are
applicable too the month of joining.

Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug
Sep Oct Nov Dec
Name 10/25/04 50,000 2.75%
x x x

Looking at an if statement that looks at the month then multiplies salary by
increase and divide by 12 for the impact.

Can anyone help.

Kind Regards,

Neil
Phillycheese5

I'm guessing you have a table that will reference each month's pay
increase. You can use the =month(A1) where A1 is a date. That will
give you numbers 1 through 12 based on the date. You can build this
into the if statements that reference your rate table (or however you
have it designed).
Hope it helps.
Phillycheese

--
Phillycheese5
Phillycheese5's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24196

Neil

Yes looked at that one, so if x = month then salary x percentage increase /
12, that worked on but the increase continues the same for say oct / nov /
dec. So I would need to repeat formula after oct, again suggestions.

Neil