Brad Payne

Default Date Range -- Weekly

Cannot find a way to do this easily. But, is there a way through Excel a
Date into a Week Number? For example 01/05/2005 would be considered Week 2
or 01/15/2005 would be considered Week 3. I'm looking for a command or does
Excel have a command do perform this type of task. Trying to pull Weeks into
a Pivot Table. Right now individual dates are showing in the Pivot Table and
really need Weeks.

Look forward to your response and thanks in advance!
Brad Payne

Gary''s Student

Hi Brad:

Check out:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/weeknum.htm
--
Gary's Student

"Brad Payne" wrote:

Cannot find a way to do this easily. But, is there a way through Excel a
Date into a Week Number? For example 01/05/2005 would be considered Week 2
or 01/15/2005 would be considered Week 3. I'm looking for a command or does
Excel have a command do perform this type of task. Trying to pull Weeks into
a Pivot Table. Right now individual dates are showing in the Pivot Table and
really need Weeks.

Look forward to your response and thanks in advance!
Brad Payne

Roger Govier

Hi Brad

The Pivot table will do the weeks for you.
Double click on your data fieldGroupchoose Days and with the dropdown
choose 7.

Note, PT's will only group dates providing there are true date values in
every cell within the range - it doesn't like blanks or text value dates.
Ensure you are not picking up blank cells, by making your data range dynamic
so it just goes to the last used row.

Regards

Roger Govier

Brad Payne wrote:
Cannot find a way to do this easily. But, is there a way through Excel a
Date into a Week Number? For example 01/05/2005 would be considered Week 2