alpa

Default vlookup formula

Hi,

This is what I have....

Sheet 1
A B C D
G 6890.60
G -61219.69
A$ G -608.00
BP G 8155.34
H$ G 3515022.03

Sheet 2

A B
H$ 0.12894
A$ 0.7587
BP 1.7787

What I need is to write a formula that will
1. look at Sheet 1 column A to determine if there is a value there. If
there is no value there, take the value from column c & d(which ever has the
value) and put it in another column.
2. If there is a value in Column A eg. a$, I need to go to sheet 2, find
the value that is in Column A (eg A$) and Multiply the value in Column B of
Sheet two (eg. 0.7587 for A$) with Sheet 1 column c or d (which ever has the
value)

What I am trying to do is convert currency. If there is a foreing currency,
I need to conver to US$. Sheet two is the one that has the conversion rates.

George Nicholson

In E2 of Sheet 1:

= (C2 + D2) * If(A2 = "",1 , Vlookup(A2,Sheet1!A$2:B$4, 2, False))
Or, give your table on sheet2 a name like ConversionRates and substitute
that name for the 2nd argument of vlookup.

HTH,
--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.