Tim Elhatton

Default Rank - Specific match only

Hi there,
I would like to Scan the Region column and rank the Revenue column, only
if the Region matches 'SK'. Right now it ranks based on the entire list
a1:a9....I want it to only rank on the number of entries equal to region
'SK'
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Tim
A B C
1 Region Revenue Rank
2 SK 2,500
3 North-AB 3,000
4 SK 3,300
5 South-AB 1,985
6 North-AB 1,650
7 SK 2,300

Domenic

Try...

C2, copied down:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$2:$A$7=A2),--(B2<$B$2:$B$7))+1

Hope this helps!

In article ,
Tim Elhatton wrote:

Hi there,
I would like to Scan the Region column and rank the Revenue column, only
if the Region matches 'SK'. Right now it ranks based on the entire list
a1:a9....I want it to only rank on the number of entries equal to region
'SK'
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Tim
A B C
1 Region Revenue Rank
2 SK 2,500
3 North-AB 3,000
4 SK 3,300
5 South-AB 1,985
6 North-AB 1,650
7 SK 2,300

Tim Elhatton

Thanks very much Domenic.....

"Domenic" wrote:

Try...

C2, copied down:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$2:$A$7=A2),--(B2<$B$2:$B$7))+1

Hope this helps!