RedHeadedMenace

Default sum function not summing???

(x-posted to all applicable groups)
Excel 03
OK, I'm trying to sum numbers a column. This is exact representation, cells
F19 to F22:

$11,087
$3,400
$2,400
$1,211

I sum into F23 and get the result of only F19 *$11,087.* F23 cell formula
shows as
=SUM(F19:F22)

This is a sheet I downloaded. I added a row (F21) to insert the $2400.
When first sum action didn't work, I thought maybe it was based on cell
format, so I reformatted to label them currency (this shows in cell
properties), so it's not an issue of cell format standardization.

Also, I copied the numbers from F column to a new one and pasted as *Special
-- values only* and STILL get only the result of the top #, $11,087.

WTF??? and What can I do????
PCLIVE

Try clicking on the cell containing "$2,400". Press F2. Then press Enter.
Sounds stupid, but I've seen it happen. Anything change?

Good Luck.
Paul

"RedHeadedMenace" wrote in
message ...
[...]

GRM via OfficeKB.com

Maybe its downloaded as text. Is there an apostrophe before each figure?
Suggest re-enter as numbers

Geoff

RedHeadedMenace

no apostrophes. I had pretty much already checked the format to try both
*currency* and *number* and cell properties show this *took* -- but I still
can't get a sum. :-(

Also, I'm only referrign to a small part of this doc . . . there are way
more sets of this to do, so I'm trying to avoid having to manually enter/copy
the numbers.

"GRM via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Maybe its downloaded as text. Is there an apostrophe before each figure?
Suggest re-enter as numbers

Geoff

Daniel CHEN

90% sure that the contents in those cells are not numbers, but text.
Why not attach/post you file and let us have a look?

"RedHeadedMenace" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Peo Sjoblom

Run this macro

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"RedHeadedMenace" wrote in
message ...

Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM
Formula to list unique values JaneC Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 10th 04 12:25 AM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 10:49 AM
Find a Function to use accross different worksheets R. Hale Excel Worksheet Functions 3 November 25th 04 07:07 AM