Old October 27th 04, 04:51 PM
cybersteve

Default Get cell value from 2 lists

Biff - that's why I posted the question here in the first place, as I
tried a number of things and nothing worked. If anyone can help me I
would appreciate it, as this is a high priority problem I must solve.
I have reviewed a number of Vlookup and many other examples of code and
found I dont understand the syntax well enough to go further; not too
proud to ask for help when I am over my head. Thank you for any
assistance.

--
cybersteve
cybersteve's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15752

Old October 27th 04, 07:08 PM
Biff

Hi!

Assume that your dropdown on "page 1" is in cell D2.

Formula in E2:

=VLOOKUP(D2,"page2"!B1:C10,2,0)

Change "page2" to the actual sheet name.

Biff

cybersteve's Profile:

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?
action=getinfo&userid=15752