kynhart

Default can't make it work, I need help

I am trying to get a formula for my job costing worksheet. example
Hours wages Total Job l Job 2 job3
Job 4
40 $10 $400 16hrs 8 hrs 8 hrs
8 hrs,
32 $12 $384 16hrs 16 hrs.

What kind of formula would I use to get dollar amount for each job...
I went to Excel classes and the teacher could not help me, go figure.

--
kynhart
Lilliabeth

=(B2*D2)+(B3*D3)

will give the total for Job 1,
assuming hourly wage is in B col and
Job 1 hrs are in D col.

kynhart Wrote:
I am trying to get a formula for my job costing worksheet. example
Hours wages Total Job l Job 2 job3
Job 4
40 $10 $400 16hrs 8 hrs 8 hrs
8 hrs,
32 $12 $384 16hrs 16 hrs.

What kind of formula would I use to get dollar amount for each job...
I went to Excel classes and the teacher could not help me, go figure.

--
kynhart

--
Lilliabeth
Lilliabeth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27741
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=477410

Govind

Hi,

If you dont have the hrs in the cells and just input the number of hours
spent for each job, your table would look like this:

Hours wages Total Job l Job 2 job3 Job 4

40 $10 $400 16 8 8 8

32 $12 $384 16 16

In this table, use the formula =SUMPRODUCT($B$3:$B$5,D3:D5), where B3 to
B5 has the wages per hour and D3 to D5 has the number of hours worked in
Job 1. This formula would give you the total of dollar value for Job 1.
Change this formula to

=SUMPRODUCT($B$3:$B$5,E3:E5) where E3 to E5 has Job 2 hours. Accordingly
change it for Job 3 and Job 4.

Govind.