TKGerdie

Default can you insert a comment into a protected worksheet?

I am trying to protect formulas in a schedule tracking worksheet I've
created. There are columns that I have locked and other columns that the
users need to be able to enter dates, insert comments and highlight with
their colors. But when I protect the sheet, it won't allow them to insert a
comment. Is there any way to do this?
Ron de Bruin

Hi TKGerdie

If you use Excel 2002 or 2003 you have a option when you protect your sheet

Look for Edit Objects in the list

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"TKGerdie" wrote in message ...
I am trying to protect formulas in a schedule tracking worksheet I've
created. There are columns that I have locked and other columns that the
users need to be able to enter dates, insert comments and highlight with
their colors. But when I protect the sheet, it won't allow them to insert a
comment. Is there any way to do this?

TKGerdie

I check Edit Objects when I was protecting sheet, but now it allows them to
delete the formulas from the locked cells. This is bad. It was the whole
reason I was protecting the worksheet.