pwtechmn

Default Move data from one sheet to another using drop down lists.

I am creating an accounting spreadsheet in excel 2003. One of the sheets is
all the inventory that we use. One column has the product, the next column
has our cost and the third column has our retail price via a formula. On a
seperate sheet that we use to creat a quote, I have a drop down list from our
inventory sheet. When I select a piece of inventory i would like excel to
fill in our retail cost that corresponds with that part in the inventory list
in a retail cost field in our quote sheet. Is this possible and if so how??
thanks
Peo Sjoblom

Maybe a vlookup would be sufficient

=VLOOKUP(value_from_dropdown,Lookup_Table,2,0)

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"pwtechmn" wrote in message
I am creating an accounting spreadsheet in excel 2003. One of the sheets
is
all the inventory that we use. One column has the product, the next
column
has our cost and the third column has our retail price via a formula. On
seperate sheet that we use to creat a quote, I have a drop down list from
our
inventory sheet. When I select a piece of inventory i would like excel to
fill in our retail cost that corresponds with that part in the inventory
list
in a retail cost field in our quote sheet. Is this possible and if so
how??
thanks

Anne Troy

Sure. You can use VLOOKUP:
And I have a tutorial for just such a workbook he
http://www.officearticles.com/tutori...soft_excel.htm
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com