pisanichris

Default payroll system

I made a roster and I would like that every week I use a macro to renew
the main format (up till here I can do) of the roster and it will
automatically transfer all totals (ie: leave taken, extra/over time,
etc) onto a different worksheet/file.

So, every week it will send (via the macro) previous data and save it
onto a different location so that at the end of the month/year/period I
can view totals to see how much leave, extra/over time people have taken
so I can calculate the payroll.

Any ideas?

--
pisanichris
pisanichris's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28138

Richard Buttrey

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 14:00:41 -0500, pisanichris
wrote:

I made a roster and I would like that every week I use a macro to renew
the main format (up till here I can do) of the roster and it will
automatically transfer all totals (ie: leave taken, extra/over time,
etc) onto a different worksheet/file.

So, every week it will send (via the macro) previous data and save it
onto a different location so that at the end of the month/year/period I
can view totals to see how much leave, extra/over time people have taken
so I can calculate the payroll.

Any ideas?

I'd just question whether this is the most practical way to achieve
your objective.

It seems to me that you'd probably be better maintaining a single
database of date, names, leave, overtime etc.. then use another sheet
to hold criteria variables such as the dates of month, year, period
ends end, year end etc, and an output range of field headings from the
database sheet which you populate with an Advanced Filter.

Most of my applications use this approach rather than trying to update
other workbooks or files. All you probably need the macro/VBA to do is
offer drop down lists of dates with which to populate the criteria
variables, and a 'GO' button to run the Advanced Filter.

HTH

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK