Gene Mah

Default How do I convert 8:30 to 8.5 hours?

I am trying to create a scheduler and need to find out the hours worked in a
given day. For example, I worked from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM with an hour break.
I would like to return a value of 8.5 hours minus 1 hour equals 7.5 hours.
Thanks.
Peo Sjoblom

Multiply by 24 and format as either general or number (don't format as time)
to subtract an hour you can just subtract one

=(end-start)*24-1

if your lunch can differ you set it up like

=(D1-A1-(C1-B1))*24

where D1 is end, A1 start, B1 lunch out and C1 lunch in

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)