irresistible007

Default Printdate

I did asked ppl to tell me the alternate (Formula/Func Blah blah) of
PrintDate for Excel Since In Excel I can't find it.... And ppl told me
to use =Now() and others says Ctrl+;... and all the garbage....

Man I really need the same thing as PrintDate rather than putting the
date in cells manually.... :(

--
irresistible007

irresistible007's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m63
View this thread: http://www.hightechtalks.com/t2261822

Gary''s Student

You don't need to use any formulas or put anything into cells to get the
print date.

When you are ready to print just pull-down:

File Page Setup Header / Footer Custom Header... and select the little
calendar icon
--
Gary's Student

"irresistible007" wrote:

I did asked ppl to tell me the alternate (Formula/Func Blah blah) of
PrintDate for Excel Since In Excel I can't find it.... And ppl told me
to use =Now() and others says Ctrl+;... and all the garbage....

Man I really need the same thing as PrintDate rather than putting the
date in cells manually.... :(

--
irresistible007

irresistible007's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m63
View this thread: http://www.hightechtalks.com/t2261822

JE McGimpsey

Your mistake is in thinking that XL would HAVE 'the alternate...of
PrintDate". Might as well complain about Word not having "the alternate
of SUMPRODUCT()". There are times it might be useful, but they're
different applications, with different, only partially overlapping
functions.

To simulate PrintDate in XL requires a VBA event macro (and even then
the simulation won't be perfect since XL doesn't have a
Workbook_AfterPrint() event).

You'll also need to specify what exactly you mean - should the Last
Print Date update individually by sheet, or whenever any sheet in the
workbook is printed?

In article ,
irresistible007