bill gras

Default remove " $ " from formula

how do I remove $ caracter from a formula in some cells eg

1 0
2 $20000 ($134)
3 $1750
4 1320
5 $2450 ($470)
6 0
7 0
8 2800
9 $2200 ($22)
10 $166
11 $2300 ($23)
12 $155 ($67)
13 $ 4578 ($345)
14 0
and so on
thank you all

bill
--
bill gras
Bryan Hessey

The easy way would be to highlight the column, select Edit, Replace and
enter the $ character in the 'Find What' and click 'Replace All'

and also check that the column is not formatted for 'Currency'

bill gras Wrote:
how do I remove $ caracter from a formula in some cells eg

1 0
2 $20000 ($134)
3 $1750
4 1320
5 $2450 ($470)
6 0
7 0
8 2800
9 $2200 ($22)
10 $166
11 $2300 ($23)
12 $155 ($67)
13 $ 4578 ($345)
14 0
and so on
thank you all

bill
--
bill gras

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=476117

bill gras

Hi Bryan
Thank you for your input
Is there a way of using a worksheet function , I have to do
this about 10 times per day
regards bill
--
bill gras

bill gras Wrote:
[...]

Roger Govier

Hi Bill

You could turn on the macro recorder as you do it.
ToolsMacroRecord new Macro and it the shortcut key box enter the
combination of keys you would like to invoke the macro with.
Carry out the steps Bryan advised and at the end press the Stop button.
Now a Simple key combination will do the task for you.

Regards

Roger Govier

bill gras wrote:

Hi Bryan
Thank you for your input
Is there a way of using a worksheet function , I have to do
this about 10 times per day
regards bill

bill gras

Hi Roger Govier and Bryan Hessey