kris2u

Default Trouble copying worksheets between books - is there size limit?

I have a large workbooks (2mb) & another at 300kb . Recently I've been
unable to copy worksheets between them. There are a lot of named ranges -
not sure if this is hampering. Could the problem be either size or named
ranges?
Conan Kelly

"kris2u" wrote in message
I have a large workbooks (2mb) & another at 300kb . Recently I've
been
unable to copy worksheets between them. There are a lot of named
ranges -
not sure if this is hampering. Could the problem be either size or
named
ranges?

Kris,

You might try moving them. I've had luck doing it this way with large
files.

After you move it from the source file to the destination file, close
the source file w/o saving changes. That way it will still be in the
source file when you open it the next time.

JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU SAVE THE SOURCE FILE BEFORE MOVING. If you
have made changes to the source file before moving the sheets, you
will lose those changed if you close the file w/o saving after moving
the sheets.

Also, you might have to go in and reset you named ranges after moving.
I've notice that after moving (copying) a sheet, I can't see the named
ranges on the copied sheet from the other sheets in the file.

I hope that helps,

Conan Kelly