kewlrunnings

Default Filtering numbers????

I have a column filled with 6 digit numbers and wanted to only show numbers
that ended in equal to or greater than 91 and less than or equal to 95 (ie.
*91, *95). I used the asterix and question mark symbol to represent any
series of numbers before the last 2 numbers, but it didnt work. Is there away
around this???? Thank you in advance
Roger Govier

Hi

You could make the test
=RIGHT(A1,2)="91" or "95"
Note, you will have to enclose your test numbers in quotes, as the
Right() function will return text values.
Alternatively
=--RIGHT(A1,2)=95
where the double unary minus will coerce the text value into a numeric.

Regards

Roger Govier

kewlrunnings wrote:

I have a column filled with 6 digit numbers and wanted to only show numbers
that ended in equal to or greater than 91 and less than or equal to 95 (ie.
*91, *95). I used the asterix and question mark symbol to represent any
series of numbers before the last 2 numbers, but it didnt work. Is there away
around this???? Thank you in advance

Max

Try filtering on a helper col ..

Assuming numbers in col A, from A2 down
Put in B2, copied down: =RIGHT(A2,2)+0
Then do the filter on col B according to your criteria
--
Rgds
Max
"kewlrunnings" wrote in message
I have a column filled with 6 digit numbers and wanted to only show

numbers
that ended in equal to or greater than 91 and less than or equal to 95

(ie.
*91, *95). I used the asterix and question mark symbol to represent any
series of numbers before the last 2 numbers, but it didnt work. Is there

away
around this???? Thank you in advance

Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 02:07:03 -0700, kewlrunnings
wrote:

I have a column filled with 6 digit numbers and wanted to only show numbers
that ended in equal to or greater than 91 and less than or equal to 95 (ie.
*91, *95). I used the asterix and question mark symbol to represent any
series of numbers before the last 2 numbers, but it didnt work. Is there away
around this???? Thank you in advance

You could use the Advanced Filter.

Data/Advanced Filter

If your data starts in A5, you could set up your criterion range to look like:

Minimum Maximum
=MOD(A5,100)=91 =MOD(A5,100)<=95

--ron