Eric

Default Pivot Sort ???

I would like to sort a pivot table by one catagory within different groups. ie

Group / Sub group / Data
A 1 100
2 200
3 300
1 300
2 200
3 100

How do I get group "B" to sort in an order other than the same order as
group "A".
It seems that the pivot table will only let me sort one group of data?

Thanks so much for your help on this,

Eric
Bernie Deitrick

Eric,

Do you want?

A 1 100
2 200
3 300
B 3 100
2 200
1 300

If so, set the field setting of "Sub Group" to sort based on Data - click on
the "Advanced" tab of the field setting dialog, the click Ascending on
thesort, and choose "Sum of Data" from the choices.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Eric" wrote in message
I would like to sort a pivot table by one catagory within different groups.
ie

Group / Sub group / Data
A 1 100
2 200
3 300
1 300
2 200
3 100

How do I get group "B" to sort in an order other than the same order as
group "A".
It seems that the pivot table will only let me sort one group of data?

Thanks so much for your help on this,

Eric

Eric

I don't have the advanced option under the feild setting dialog box. I'm
running Excel 2000, I assume this was added in later versions.

Thanks for your help,
Eric

"Eric" wrote in message
I would like to sort a pivot table by one catagory within different groups.
ie

Group / Sub group / Data
A 1 100
2 200
3 300
1 300
2 200
3 100

How do I get group "B" to sort in an order other than the same order as
group "A".
It seems that the pivot table will only let me sort one group of data?

Thanks so much for your help on this,

Eric

Bernie Deitrick

Eric,

I think you do have that option, but not on the data field. You need to
click on one of your row fields to get that option.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP