-   -   Date entry gone haywire in Excel! (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/49715-date-entry-gone-haywire-excel.html)

umtraveller

Date entry gone haywire in Excel!

When I type a date in a column formatted for dates, and then hit "enter" it
always shows "######". If I put the cursor over the cell, the date will
show, but not in the table. The dates had been entering correctly, and I'm
not aware that I changed any settings. Thanks for any help.

Paul B

umtraveller, try widening your column

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"umtraveller" wrote in message
When I type a date in a column formatted for dates, and then hit "enter"

it
always shows "######". If I put the cursor over the cell, the date will
show, but not in the table. The dates had been entering correctly, and

I'm
not aware that I changed any settings. Thanks for any help.

umtraveller

Thanks, Paul. That did the trick. I guess until 10/10/2005 I've never used
that many figures in that column. I appreciate your help.

"Paul B" wrote:

umtraveller, try widening your column

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"umtraveller" wrote in message
When I type a date in a column formatted for dates, and then hit "enter"

it
always shows "######". If I put the cursor over the cell, the date will
show, but not in the table. The dates had been entering correctly, and

I'm
not aware that I changed any settings. Thanks for any help.

Paul B

Your Welcome