lucas

Default between - function?

Hi,

I was wondering whether is there an option (Excel 2002) to make between
function. I mean that cell A1 is my variable. Now, by using IF I would like
to say that if A1 is more than 3 and less than 7 then "ok" - other values
should give "not ok". So I wrote =if(3<A1<7;"ok";"not ok") and it doesn't
work :-( Why?

Thanks, lucas

Richard Buttrey

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:31:02 -0700, "lucas"
wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering whether is there an option (Excel 2002) to make between
function. I mean that cell A1 is my variable. Now, by using IF I would like
to say that if A1 is more than 3 and less than 7 then "ok" - other values
should give "not ok". So I wrote =if(3<A1<7;"ok";"not ok") and it doesn't
work :-( Why?

Thanks, lucas

Because you're using the wrong structure for an If statement. Try

=IF(AND(A13,A1<7),"ok","not ok")

Rgds
__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
__________________________

David Billigmeier

Are you using this function for a custom data validation? If so, instead of
choosing Custom, choose "Decimal" or "Whole Number" from the "Allow" box and
enter your min and max values that way.

Otherwise if this formula is just looking to outout "ok" or "not ok" in a
cell, update your formula to this:

=IF(AND(A13,A1<7),"ok","not ok")

Dave

"lucas" wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering whether is there an option (Excel 2002) to make between
function. I mean that cell A1 is my variable. Now, by using IF I would like
to say that if A1 is more than 3 and less than 7 then "ok" - other values
should give "not ok". So I wrote =if(3<A1<7;"ok";"not ok") and it doesn't
work :-( Why?

Thanks, lucas

lucas

Cool! Thanks very much!

"Alvin" wrote:

=IF(AND(A14,A1<10),"ok","not ok")

"lucas" wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering whether is there an option (Excel 2002) to make between
function. I mean that cell A1 is my variable. Now, by using IF I would like
to say that if A1 is more than 3 and less than 7 then "ok" - other values
should give "not ok". So I wrote =if(3<A1<7;"ok";"not ok") and it doesn't
work :-( Why?

Thanks, lucas

lucas

Guys,

Thx for all replies. Formula works.

BTW, there are 2 amazing things:
1) how helpful & willing to be helpful other (vel you) are,
2) how smart Excel is (is there anything one cannot do there?) :-)

Again thanks, lucas

Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Hyperlinks using R[1]C[1] and offset function in its cell referenc Elijah-Dadda Excel Worksheet Functions 0 March 5th 05 03:31 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 10:49 AM
Find a Function to use accross different worksheets R. Hale Excel Worksheet Functions 3 November 25th 04 07:07 AM