Kris-GMA

Default IF Statement W/3 Parameters ?

Hello

I am looking for a function that will test 2 parameters, and if neither is
true, then default to a specific answer.

My spreadsheet has the "F" column importing the words film, vellum or bond.
I would like the "A" column to show for "film" the number 388; for "vellum"
the number 385, and any other words (should only be "bond") the number 382.

I got it to work putting the number 388 for when the word is Film, and
defaulting to 382 for any other occassion. What I can't get, is for it to
check for one more parameter (that being vellum = 385) before defaulting to
382 for bond.

Any help you can offer would be much appreciated.

Thank you

bj

try a nested if
=if(A1="Vellum",385,if(A1="Film",388,382))
you can go up to 7 nested levels in if statements.

"Kris-GMA" wrote:

Hello

I am looking for a function that will test 2 parameters, and if neither is
true, then default to a specific answer.

My spreadsheet has the "F" column importing the words film, vellum or bond.
I would like the "A" column to show for "film" the number 388; for "vellum"
the number 385, and any other words (should only be "bond") the number 382.

I got it to work putting the number 388 for when the word is Film, and
defaulting to 382 for any other occassion. What I can't get, is for it to
check for one more parameter (that being vellum = 385) before defaulting to
382 for bond.

Any help you can offer would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Excel Queries with subqueries and parameters theday_99@yahoo Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 September 28th 05 01:24 PM
If statement Matt Montagliano Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 September 8th 05 08:47 PM
Do I need a sumif or sum of a vlookup formula? PeterB Excel Worksheet Functions 0 June 1st 05 12:23 PM
IF Statement Brent New Users to Excel 3 April 29th 05 04:24 PM
Parameters are not allowed in queries that can't be displayed grap Flora Tzeng Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 March 15th 05 10:34 AM