-   -   Typing text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/48809-typing-text.html)

Bill R

Typing text

I have a fax coversheet set up on Excel that I can type and then print. At
the bottom there is a comments section. Even though I have the text set up to
wrap it still does not seem to work. Also the return key does not work
correctly. Is there a way to let me type in this group of cells, that I have
merged and wrapped, just as if I was typing in excel?

Bill R

I meant to say: "as if I was typing in Word".

"Bill R" wrote:

I have a fax coversheet set up on Excel that I can type and then print. At
the bottom there is a comments section. Even though I have the text set up to
wrap it still does not seem to work. Also the return key does not work
correctly. Is there a way to let me type in this group of cells, that I have
merged and wrapped, just as if I was typing in excel?

Duke Carey

Instead of putting the text in cells, insert a Text box (use the drawing
toolbar - View-Toolbars-Drawing)

"Bill R" wrote:

I have a fax coversheet set up on Excel that I can type and then print. At
the bottom there is a comments section. Even though I have the text set up to
wrap it still does not seem to work. Also the return key does not work
correctly. Is there a way to let me type in this group of cells, that I have
merged and wrapped, just as if I was typing in excel?

Bill R

I tried using the text box but it won't let me type in it after the worksheet
is protected. I have the cells unprotected where the text box is located. How
can I fix it?

"Bill R" wrote:

I have a fax coversheet set up on Excel that I can type and then print. At
the bottom there is a comments section. Even though I have the text set up to
wrap it still does not seem to work. Also the return key does not work
correctly. Is there a way to let me type in this group of cells, that I have
merged and wrapped, just as if I was typing in excel?

Duke Carey

After you insert the text box, right-click on its border and choose "Format
Text Box" from the pop-up menu.

Go to the Protection tab and uncheck the Lock Text box.