Rich Gibbons

Default Automatic Hyperlinking

I am trying to get a cell to act how Microsoft Words deals with web address.
For example writing. www.bob.com in Word would link that to the website,
chnaging it blue and underlining. Typing in www.bob.com in excel and it just
acts like any other bit of data. Any ideas how to automatically change this
into a hyperlink without touching anything.

Thanks

Rich
Ron de Bruin

Hi Rich

Look here (if you use 2002-2003)

Go to ToolsAutocorrect Options. Look on the 'AutoFormat As You Type' Tab,

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Rich Gibbons" <Rich wrote in message ...
I am trying to get a cell to act how Microsoft Words deals with web address.
For example writing.
www.bob.com in Word would link that to the website,
chnaging it blue and underlining. Typing in www.bob.com in excel and it just
acts like any other bit of data. Any ideas how to automatically change this
into a hyperlink without touching anything.

Thanks

Rich

Rich Gibbons

Thats great and works when typing it on the sheet, but unfortunity it doesn't
work when i refer to another to another sheet. So the cell that i want to
hyperlink is A2 it has a formula in it of: =IF('Sheet2'!A2=
"","",'Sheet2'!A2), can i still make this cell into a hyperlink?

I have tried making the data in sheet2 a hyperlink and then linking that but
still doesn't work, any sugestions?

Rich
Ron de Bruin

Hi Rich