Terry

Default Frequency and Time

I want to count occurrences between certain times. I am using the frequency
syntax but it doesn't seem to be counting the occurrences correctly.
Gary''s Student

What does your data look like?
--
Gary''s Student

"Terry" wrote:

I want to count occurrences between certain times. I am using the frequency
syntax but it doesn't seem to be counting the occurrences correctly.

Terry

I'm tracking on-calls between ranges (06:00am; 08:00am; 16:30, etc. Everyday
I enter the times on-calls are made the night before.
6:00 0
8:00 0
16:30 0
20:00 0
22:00 0
23:59 0

Terry

"Terry" wrote:

I want to count occurrences between certain times. I am using the frequency
syntax but it doesn't seem to be counting the occurrences correctly.

Gary''s Student

Then you can use COUNTIF() or a difference of two COUNTIF()s. if your data
is in column A then the times:

6:00
8:00
16:30
20:00
22:00
23:59

are actually:

0.25000000
0.33333333
0.68750000
0.83333333
0.91666667
0.99930556
so =COUNTIF(A1:A6,".5") will yield 4 the correct number of occurances
after 8:00. You will need the subtraction to get between times.

--
Gary''s Student