Huseyin

Default Fill down

I am trying to use the fill down option in excel. I need 66 "001" in a
column, right below at the 67th cell, I need "002" then "003" then "004"
until 344. In other words I need al list from "001" to "344" but each number
(I should say text, excel takes "001" as number) needs to be repeated 66
times. I tried with Fill down series, trent etc., could not do it. Thanks.

Huseyin

Thanks Duke,
I copied the formula in the first cell and using the handle I filled the
column A all the way to bottom, but all of them are "001".

"Huseyin" wrote:

I am trying to use the fill down option in excel. I need 66 "001" in a
column, right below at the 67th cell, I need "002" then "003" then "004"
until 344. In other words I need al list from "001" to "344" but each number
(I should say text, excel takes "001" as number) needs to be repeated 66
times. I tried with Fill down series, trent etc., could not do it. Thanks.

Duke Carey

If I put this formula in ANY cell and copy it down for 133 rows I get 66
001s, 66 002s and a 003

=TEXT(1+INT((ROW(A1)-1)/66),"000")

Are you sure you copied it in EXACTLY like that?