-   -   Automatically incrementing number for each print (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/48238-automatically-incrementing-number-each-print.html)

Nefermet

Automatically incrementing number for each print

I'm trying to create a jobsheet that will automatically increment the
jobsheet number each time it is printed. Is this possible?

Duke Carey

Only through VBA code. If you're willing to go that route, post back with
details and one of us will offer more detailed advice

"Nefermet" wrote:

I'm trying to create a jobsheet that will automatically increment the
jobsheet number each time it is printed. Is this possible?

Bernie Deitrick

You could use the before print event to increment a value:

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value + 1
End Sub

Note that this will only work if you print only one sheet at a time - printing multiple copies only
fires this event once.

Otherwise, you could use a macro to print multiple copies:

Sub PrintEm()
Dim i As Integer
For i = 1 to 100
Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value + 1
Worksheets("Sheet1").PrintOut
Next i
End Sub

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Nefermet" wrote in message
I'm trying to create a jobsheet that will automatically increment the
jobsheet number each time it is printed. Is this possible?

Nefermet

Hi Duke and Bernie,

I've had a look at the solution provided by Bernie, the second macro looks
most promising except that it will fire out the set qty I want straight away
without giving me the option to put two on one sheet (they're only A5 size).
Or can I set this in the printing options?

Thanks for your help, its exactly what I'm after so far!

Nefermet

"Nefermet" wrote:

I'm trying to create a jobsheet that will automatically increment the
jobsheet number each time it is printed. Is this possible?

Bernie Deitrick

Duke,

Try copying your print range and pasting below your current print range, then change your print are
to include both. Then you could use two lines of code instead of one, along the line of:

Sub PrintEm()
Dim i As Integer
For i = 1 to 50

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value + 2
Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A15").Value = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A15").Value + 2

"Nefermet" wrote:

I'm trying to create a jobsheet that will automatically increment the
jobsheet number each time it is printed. Is this possible?

Nefermet

Brilliant! with a little bit of tweeking that works perfectly!

Thanks for your help.

Nefermet

"Nefermet" wrote:

I'm trying to create a jobsheet that will automatically increment the
jobsheet number each time it is printed. Is this possible?

Bernie Deitrick

Nefermet,

Glad to hear it worked! And sorry about addressing you as "Duke" last reply....

Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Brilliant! with a little bit of tweeking that works perfectly!

Thanks for your help.

LiAD

Automatically incrementing number for each print

Sorry for jumping in but I think I am trying to d something similar.

I have 4 tables within one sheet in one excel file which i need to print 50
times to get a total of 200 copies. I would like each table to have a
unique reference number 1,2,3,4. The cells I need to fill are S6, AS6, S59
and AS59, which will have numbers 1-4 on the first sheet printed, (one number
per
table that is), 5-9 on the second etc.

Is it possible to adapt the solution u proposed here to do that? I am
completely clueless on VBA.

Thanks