-   -   Can I make a formula in Excel to display result in same cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/48126-can-i-make-formula-excel-display-result-same-cell.html)

Neiko

Can I make a formula in Excel to display result in same cell?

I am trying to make a cell in which the formula and the entry field are in
the same cell... In other words getting a formula to be locked in a cell to
where whatever info I put in the cell, the locked formula calculates the
entry number.

Don Guillett

Not without using the f2 key to edit or a worksheet_change macro.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Neiko" wrote in message
I am trying to make a cell in which the formula and the entry field are in
the same cell... In other words getting a formula to be locked in a cell

where whatever info I put in the cell, the locked formula calculates the
entry number.

Biff

Hi!

Maybe this might help: