MDW

Default Data Validation

I'm pretty sure this isn't a "function" question, but I don't think there's a
better place to put this.

Is there a data validation setting that I can use to force users to enter
four digits? For instance, 1125, 1362, and 0734 would all be valid entries.
Becuse of that last one, I couldn't use a numeric range of 1000-9999 and have
it work. But it also HAS to be four characters long.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
--
Hmm...they have the Internet on COMPUTERS now!
David Billigmeier

Choose "Custom" from the allow box and type in this function:

=LEN(A1)=4

Change the A1 reference to which ever cell you are typing this into.

Dave