sdfuk

Default Looking up text - help

Hi all

The simplest way to explain what I would like to do is to compare it to
microsoft help function. This where you click on "index" and enter text
in "Type Keyword" which then gives you what you are looking for.

Is there a function to do this?

I basically have 3 columns of data to look up for medical journals

1st column = A - Z (depending on start of journal name)
2nd column = Journal name (e.g. British Journal of Medicine, so column
= B)
3rd column = Status (e.g. peer reviewed, unknown)

I would like to be able to start typing the journal name and then for
it to give full name of a list of possibilities together with the 3rd
column status.

Thanks for any help on this.

sdfuk
sdfuk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27587
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=471092

Bernie Deitrick

Excel doesn't offer that type of functionality for spreadsheet entry. The closest you can come is
to use autocomplete, or start typing, and then right click the cell and choose "Pick from list".
Otherwise, you would need to use VB code.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"sdfuk" wrote in message

[...]

sdfuk

OK, Thanks for the help. I'm sticking with the auto filter for the
moment which is better than looking via paper.