jsmahnken

Default Can Excel2002 determine if a calculated date is a business day?

I have a fairly complicated spreadsheet that utilizes various entered dates
to calculate other dates. The calculated dates must be business days. Is
there a function in Excel 2002 that determines whether or not the calculated
date is a business date?
Gord Dibben

Check out the Help on NETWORKDAYS Function.

It is one of the Functions in the Analysis Toolpak add-in.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:56:11 -0700, jsmahnken
wrote:

I have a fairly complicated spreadsheet that utilizes various entered dates
to calculate other dates. The calculated dates must be business days. Is
there a function in Excel 2002 that determines whether or not the calculated
date is a business date?

Harlan Grove

Gord Dibben wrote...
Check out the Help on NETWORKDAYS Function.

It is one of the Functions in the Analysis Toolpak add-in.

NETWORKDAYS could be used to check if a particular date, D, were a
workday or not, but it's not immediately obvious how to do so even
after reading online help for this function. The idiom is

=NETWORKDAYS(D,D,Holidays)=1

which returns TRUE if D is a workday or FALSE if not.

FWIW, NETWORKDAYS isn't necessary. The following formula returns TRUE
if D is a workday, FALSE if not.

=AND(WEEKDAY(D,2)<6,COUNTIF(Holidays,D)=0)

This formula is much more flexible. It can handle workdays other than
MTWTF.