ramana

Default nested formula with if condotion

Hi everybody,

can anybody helpme out to put formula using if or any other
function, to get a desired value using a random formula.
My problem is:

I will have integer values in thhe cells A1,A2,A3,......An.
Then I need to have a formula in B column cells such that they should
return me the values between a specified range real numbers.

the formula should look like this.

If(A1=1,then B1 should be random number betweenX1&X2, if A1=2, then B1
shoulbe random number between X3&X4, if A1=3 then B1should be a random
number between X5&X6and so on)
where X1,X2,X3,.....Xn are real numbers.

Can any body help me regarding this formula.

Thanks & Regards

Ramana

Bob Phillips

=IF(A1=1,RANDBETWEEN(1,10),IF(A1=2,RANDBETWEEN(11, 50),IF(A1=3,RANDBETWEEN(51
,100),"")))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"ramana" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi everybody,

can anybody helpme out to put formula using if or any other
function, to get a desired value using a random formula.
My problem is:

I will have integer values in thhe cells A1,A2,A3,......An.
Then I need to have a formula in B column cells such that they should
return me the values between a specified range real numbers.

the formula should look like this.

If(A1=1,then B1 should be random number betweenX1&X2, if A1=2, then B1
shoulbe random number between X3&X4, if A1=3 then B1should be a random
number between X5&X6and so on)
where X1,X2,X3,.....Xn are real numbers.

Can any body help me regarding this formula.

Thanks & Regards

Ramana

ramana

Thanks a lot Bob it made my work more easy.

regards

Ramana

Bob Phillips Vraasenu: