Mihca

Default Calculting SUM of cells with IF functions inside

I have a bunch of cells with IF functions inside to give me a dollar amount
based on the employees age. My IF functions are working properly. However,
when I try to insert a SUM function at the bottom to get the total cost, I
get a 0. Why won't it total my columns just because there's an IF function
in each cell?
Biff

Hi!

It sounds like your IF formulas may be returning text or the cells that the
formulas are in are formatted as text.

What does a typical IF formula look like?

Biff