SCLYLES

Default How do you "freeze" an excel worksheet?

How do I protect a worksheet so that the formula's in the cells can't be seen
and no changes can be made? Every protection tool I've been made aware of so
far allows a new user to make changes to a cell. What I'm looking for is to
lock down the workbook and virtually turn it into a pdf.
Richard Buttrey

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:16:06 -0700, "SCLYLES"
wrote:

How do I protect a worksheet so that the formula's in the cells can't be seen
and no changes can be made? Every protection tool I've been made aware of so
far allows a new user to make changes to a cell. What I'm looking for is to
lock down the workbook and virtually turn it into a pdf.

All cells are locked by default when worksheet protection is switched
on. Decide which cells you want the user to be able to access and
untick the 'locked' status in the Format Cells menu.

Then use Tools Protection Protect Sheet to protect the sheet. When
protecting the sheet you can choose to allow the user to select or not
the locked or unlocked cells.

In addition you could use VBA to restrict where the user may go bu
using the ScrollArea property of a range of cells.

HTH

__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
JE McGimpsey

There is no protection within XL that will do that. Every protection
method that allows access to the workbook can be bypassed with well
publicized free tools.