scarlettrose

Default I need help

I know what I want to do but I don't know how to do it, so I was hoping
someone could help.
I need a formula that when I subtract one column from another column
and the answer is in the positive range, meaning greater than 0 the
answer to the problem will be listed in a column and if the answer is
negative meaning less than 0 it is listed in another column.

For example
a b c1 d1
5 4 1 0
5 4 0 1

Thank you for the help. Scarlett

--
scarlettrose
scarlettrose's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27424

PCakes

Try these formulas:
=IF(A2-B1<0,A2-B2," ") in Your Positive Column
=IF(A2-B20,A2-B2," ") in Your Negative Column
then copy and paste them down.