jenniferm

Default specific date function

Hi All,
I am a new user. I would like to present my scenerio in hopes of
getting a formula figured out.

I have three columns.

The first column represents a due date (mm/dd/yy)

the second represents todays date.

In the third column I would like to have the number of days between the
two.

In other words, say the due date was 10/01/05 and today's date column
says 09/20/05, I would like the third column to compute: 10 (for 10
days remaining until 10/1).

Also, the due date might be the following year, so would still need it
to work in that case.

Thanks for any help in advance,
Jenn

--
jenniferm
jenniferm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27414

swatsp0p

In column C (third column), enter this formula, making sure to format
the cell as GENERAL:

=(A1-B1)

This assumes both columns A and B are formatted as Date (mm/dd/yy)

Note however, that this returns 11 in your example, as there are 11
days from Sept. 20-Oct 1. If you want to know the number of days
excluding the due date, the formula would be:

=(A21-B21)-1 which returns 10 in your example.

with a due date of Jan 3, 06 and today Sept 20, 05: 104 is returned.

HTH

Bruce

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=469253

George Nicholson

= Today() - DueDate
Formated as a number, this will give you the number of days elapsed between
Today & DueDate

Excel stores dates as whole numbers where 1 = 1 day. Simply subtracting 2
dates gives you the number of days elapsed.
(Times are stored as their decimal equivalent of a day where 0.25 = 6:00 am,
0.50 = 12 noon, 0.75 = 6:00 pm, etc.)

HTH,
--
George Nicholson