wrinkle35

Default Date Formula

I am just wondering how I can tackle a specific formula.
I have a company list that is sorted by date. Is there a way that if
that date has not been changed in 190 days that it will be 'flagged' in
some way?.
I think that conditional formatting will solve that problem, but I
don't know how to write the formula. Can anyone show me how to tackle
this?

--
wrinkle35
wrinkle35's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2374

R.VENKATARAMAN

if i understood correctly use this formula in the cell next to the relvant
cell
If D11 is relevant cell having a date entry, type this in E11
=IF(TODAY()-D11190,"more than 190 days")

--
remove $$$ from email addresss to send email

"wrinkle35" wrote
in message ...

I am just wondering how I can tackle a specific formula.
I have a company list that is sorted by date. Is there a way that if
that date has not been changed in 190 days that it will be 'flagged' in
some way?.
I think that conditional formatting will solve that problem, but I
don't know how to write the formula. Can anyone show me how to tackle
this?

--
wrinkle35
wrinkle35's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=468383

wrinkle35

I get 'FALSE' when I try that formula. I have B11 set to April 14, 2005.
Cell B12 is =IF(TODAY()-B12190,"more than 190 days"). I get a return of
FALSE. What am I doing wrong?

--
wrinkle35
wrinkle35's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2374
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=468383

Myrna Larson

I assume you have a typo in your formula and you really mean TODAY()-B11 (not
B12).

If today is 19 Sep 2005, the result of the subtraction is 158 days.

Your formula specifies what the cell should display when the time span is
greater than 190 days. But you haven't said what the cell should display when
the result is <=190, and in that case Excel returns FALSE.

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 10:41:38 -0500, wrinkle35
wrote:

I get 'FALSE' when I try that formula. I have B11 set to April 14, 2005.
Cell B12 is =IF(TODAY()-B12190,"more than 190 days"). I get a return of
FALSE. What am I doing wrong?

wrinkle35

Sorry for the late reply.
I get a FALSE no matter what the date is. 190 days or less < 190
days.
So what I have done is put the TODAY in A2 and referred back to it.
=IF(A2-C4190,"more than 190 days").
That seems to work. I am using MS Excel 2003, I wonder if that makes
any difference?