faico

Default Validation from Database (not sorted)

Hi to everyone,

Does anyone know how to validate a List from a Database not sorted?
the point is,

In cell A1 I type a file number to get in B1 a dropdown list with the
products related with that file.
The list (validation) is coming from a Database which is not sorted
since I have to update it each day (lets say I have the database in
columns D and E {D(File Number) and E(Product number)}

Anyone knows how to get the list from the database?

Thanks in advance bc this is driving me really crazy!!!
Regards,
Faico

RagDyer

How about, instead of typing the file number in A1, you have a drop-down
list to choose from?
Then, that choice determines a second drop down list in B1.

Debra Dalgleish has a number of web pages dedicated to that subject of drop
downs and "dependant lists" originating within Data Validation.

Check out this link:

http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

And scroll down to the D's, and go through the pages on Data Validation.
--
HTH,

RD

ups.com...