Junior Member

Unhappy Calculate the number of pay periods in a given span

I am trying to determine potential liability in an employment case. For each pay period in which work was performed, each employee is due a penalty amount. Even if they only worked a few days, they might have performed work in two different pay periods, so my formula to count how many 14 day periods there are in each employee's term of employment is not accurate enough.

For each employee I need to determine the number of penalties they are owed, thus I need to know how many pay periods in which they performed work.

I have each employee's hire date (Cell D4) and termination date (Cell E4).

The pay period interval is 14 days (Sunday of Week One to Saturday of Week Two).

The start of the penalty period is 11/9/14, which is the first day of the first pay period, and has a date serial number of 41952.

Can a formula be written to yield the number of pay period end dates in a given span of time?

Thanks in advance for any help.

MP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculate the number of pay periods in a given span

Hi,

Am Thu, 29 Aug 2019 00:00:13 +0100 schrieb ParalegalMP:

[...]

try:
=(MOD(D4-7-1,7)+E4-D4-2)/14

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi again,

Am Thu, 29 Aug 2019 03:22:24 +0200 schrieb Claus Busch:

=(MOD(D4-7-1,7)+E4-D4-2)/14

sorry, typo.
Try:
=(MOD(D4-1-1,7)+E4-D4-2)/14

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Am Thu, 29 Aug 2019 03:27:16 +0200 schrieb Claus Busch:

sorry, typo.
Try:
=(MOD(D4-1-1,7)+E4-D4-2)/14

or try:
=SUMPRODUCT((WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(D4&":"&E4)),2)=7 )*1)/2

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10