Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default Calculate the number of pay periods in a given span

Hi,

Am Thu, 29 Aug 2019 00:00:13 +0100 schrieb ParalegalMP:

I am trying to determine potential liability in an employment case. For
each pay period in which work was performed, each employee is due a
penalty amount. Even if they only worked a few days, they might have
performed work in two different pay periods, so my formula to count how
many 14 day periods there are in each employee's term of employment is
not accurate enough.

For each employee I need to determine the number of penalties they are
owed, thus I need to know how many pay periods in which they performed
work.

I have each employee's hire date (Cell D4) and termination date (Cell
E4).

The pay period interval is 14 days (Sunday of Week One to Saturday of
Week Two).

The start of the penalty period is 11/9/14, which is the first day of
the first pay period, and has a date serial number of 41952.

Can a formula be written to yield the number of pay period end dates in
a given span of time?

try:
=(MOD(D4-7-1,7)+E4-D4-2)/14

Regards